Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting to Know Women on a Completely Different Level

I’m still single, so don’t worry this post will not be about dating or relationships of that kind at any point. It is about women and soccer though.

As many of you may know I am assistant coaching for the women’s soccer team at AHS, specializing and working with my favorite positional – goalies. This experience so far has been absolutely amazing. I cannot believe how much fun it has been to get to know these girls on a level outside of the school building. There is a different type of connection with these girls that I cannot even describe. It has been a lot of fun and a challenge at the same time.

One thing I have noticed, and no offense to guys here, but women soccer players work really hard, harder than guys I would say. The best part too is that they do not complain like guys do. These women are also the type that want to do well, that want to be pushed, and that want to get better – so that also helps the coaching situation.

It has been a pleasure getting to know these women and to coach them. It has made teaching a little harder, a little more stressful and life busier, although it has been really fun and enjoyable. Here we go too, because pre-season is over and try outs start on Tuesday. Let the games begin.